Is Eating Brown Rice Every Day Good for You?




For many cultures throughout the world, rice is a staple food that's eaten daily. If rice is a regular part of your diet, brown rice makes the healthier choice over white. When part of a well-balanced diet, eating brown rice daily can help you get a number of important nutrients, including fiber, B vitamins, and magnesium. Brown rice is an excellent source of fiber and magnesium, and a good source of a number of B vitamins, making it a good choice in your daily rotation.

Basic Brown Rice Nutrition.
Brown rice is fairly low in calories, high in carbs, nearly fat-free and a good source of a number of essential nutrients. One cup of the cooked grain has 220 calories, 45 grams of carbs, 2 grams of fat and 5 grams of protein. The 1-cup serving also meets more than 10 percent of the daily value for magnesium, manganese, thiamine, niacin and vitamin B-6. For comparison, brown rice is a significantly better source of both fiber and magnesium than white rice.

Nutritional Benefits of Brown Rice.
The fiber content in brown rice makes it a nutritional standout. If you’re like most Americans, you may fall a bit short on this important health-promoting nutrient. Depending on your age and gender, you need 20 to 38 grams of fiber a day. Including more fiber-rich foods, such as brown rice, improves digestion and helps keep you feeling full longer, which may aid in weight control.
Brown rice is also an excellent source of magnesium, meeting more than 20 percent of your daily requirements. This mineral helps make protein, keeps your nerve endings healthy and assists in controlling both blood pressure and blood sugar.

Adding Extra Nutrition to Your Brown Rice.
It’s OK to make brown rice a staple in your diet, but for overall health, it’s important to eat a variety of foods. Use your brown rice as a base for new dishes with other nutritious ingredients, such as a veggie brown rice pilaf or shrimp fried brown rice. Brown rice also makes delicious beans and rice dish. Brown rice also makes a hearty grain for soups or in your stuffed peppers.
You can add herbs and spices – such as turmeric, cumin or cayenne – to your rice to add flavor and antioxidants without adding calories

Making the Switch.
While some people are able to go cold turkey, if you've been eating white rice every day for most of your life, you may have a difficult time transitioning to brown rice. To help ease yourself into the healthier version of the grain, start by mixing the two together and slowly decreasing the white rice until you’re only eating only brown rice.
Is Eating Brown Rice Every Day Good for You? Is Eating Brown Rice Every Day Good for You? Reviewed by Unknown on November 29, 2018 Rating: 5

2 comments:

  1. 5 years ago I had warts, I was treated with some liquid applied to the warts they continued to grow and spread... The next 2 doctors did laser surgery to remove them. 1 year after the surgery, they grew back close to where the 1st ones were' so I was finally told it was hpv. I have had it for very long time, I contract it from my cheated boyfriend and I found out he was also infected and I end up the relationship between us. the warts was so embarrasses because it started spreading all over I have be dealing with this things for very long time the last treatment I take was About 2 years ago I applied natural treatment from Dr onokun herbal cure, a week after applying the treatment all the warts was gone. it's now 2 years and some months I don't have single wart or any symptoms of hpv. wow"" it's great, Dr onokun has finally cured me. Anyone living with hpv contact Dr onokun for natural treatment.
    His email address: dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com  

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to share this wonderful testimony to the Good people all over the world on how I was able to Enlarge my Penis by Dr. zubby. I was living a shameful life from my young age, just last month as I was browsing on the internet about Penis size and Enlargement Products, I saw a testimony of a Man called George , testifying of how he was able to get his penis Enlarged by Dr. zubby and I decided to also Email Dr.zubby for my small penis size and he quickly respond to me and gave me the normal instructions which i did and then he shipped the product to me here in the united state which i received in just 3 working days and today i am very happy because i started seeing positive changes in my penis size in just 7 days of use. Dr zubby herbal product is the best recommended for you and to whom ever suffering from this shame or having any other diseases as well should Contact this great herbal doctor via his Email : dr.zubbysolutionhome@gmail.com and WhatsApp Him on   +2348070673249

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.